- Visit several venues before you choose a date. You will be more likely to score the perfect place.
- Some venues offer a discounted rate for weddings Sunday through Friday or during their offseason.
- Have a rough draft of the number of people you want at your wedding. Different venues have different rooms and you may have to readjust your guest list.
- If your venue supplies its own catering, view the menu beforehand to make sure your needs align with the menu.
- Some venues aren’t licensed to serve hard alcohol.
- Keep your decor theme in mind when choosing a venue – so the colors don’t clash!
- Some venues have multiple events in one day- others have one a week! Keep this in mind when planning set up / cleaning.
- If you have family coming in from out of town, think about the venue’s proximity to possible sleeping accommodations.
Once you find a venue, ask them these questions!