What To Know About New York Wedding Restrictions In 2021
We understand it’s hard planning a wedding, but planning one while navigating the COVID-19 restrictions is even tougher. This week, those who are looking to tie the knot this year just got some better news. As of March 15, 2021, new restrictions were announced for weddings. We’re going to break them down for you to keep your wedding planning process a little less stressful.
COVID-19 Testing Guidelines
- All guests attending your wedding must have proof of a negative COVID-19 test that was taken within the last 72 hours. Guests may also provide a negative rapid test within six hours of the wedding.
- If attendees have received both doses of the vaccine at least 14 days prior to the event, they are not included in the testing guidelines. Venues may still want a negative test from them.
Social Distancing & Wearing Masks
- Everyone is required to wear a cloth or disposable mask at all times. Masks can be removed when sitting at their assigned tables for eating and drinking.
- Guests attending your wedding reception are required to practice social distancing. They should remain six feet apart from people who are not in their immediate party, household, or family.
- Venues are required to have tables at least six feet apart. When planning your seating chart, have guests sit with people in their immediate party, household, or family if possible.
- Cocktail hours are allowed, but with the same social-distancing guidelines. People should avoid drinking with people who are not within their immediate family, household, or family.
Dancing & Performances
- Live music is allowed with the following guidelines. They must be separated from the guests, with wind instrument musicians separated by at least 12 feet or a physical barrier.
- Ceremonial dances are now allowed at wedding receptions.
- Guests may dance with these strict guidelines; they can only dance with people within their immediate family, household, or family. The dance floor must be clearly marked with zones six feet apart.
- Guests are required to wear a mask while dancing.
We know wedding planning can be hard. Don’t worry, The Creekside Banquet Facility is here to walk you through everything. With over 20 years of experience, we will work hard to make sure your wedding is safe and follows all procedures. Let us make your event perfect. If you still have questions on what these guidelines mean for you, call us at 716-668-8668! See the full guidelines here.